This non-profit Organisations was created
- to support the families with seriously disabled children for who the Italian national health system doesn’t provide adequate solutions to guarantee the best welfare and home care and preserve family life,
- to help claim their rights: the right to have a life as normal as possible even with a seriously disabled child,
- to give some space to brothers and sisters of disabled children and to lead them out of the darkness they often live in,
- to analyse the phenomena connected to the disability,
- to be a point of reference for mothers of seriously disabled children that are trying not to give up their professional life which gives them not only economic independence, but also personal satisfaction.
- President: Agnieszka Stokowiecka
- Vice President: Sonia Furci
- Secretary: Patrick Creux
Why are we called La casa di sabbia (the SandHouse)?
Family is like a house, it needs solid foundations to be safe, to aim for a happy and better future and to not feel excluded from society. If, due to an unexpected event the family is weakened and the system doesn’t help them at the time of their maximum difficulty, but pushes them towards isolation, the family collapses like a SandHouse.